Maldives has been topped World’s Main Vacation spot for the third 12 months in a row on the World Journey Awards 2022.
The island nation was topped the title for the third consecutive time at an occasion held on Friday night, November 11, at Al Bustan Palace, Oman.
Along with touchdown essentially the most prestigious title of the awarding occasion, Maldives gained a number of different accolades at World Journey Awards’ 2022 version. The Chief Government Officer and Managing Director of Maldives Advertising and Public Relations Company (MMPRC) Thoyyib Mohamed and Minister of Tourism Dr. Abdulla Mausoom accepted the awards on behalf of the Maldives.
Maldives beat out 18 different nations for the occasion’s most prestigious title, together with Dubai, Portugal, Indonesia and Greece amongst them. The island nation additionally nabbed World’s Main Vacationer Board this 12 months, marking the primary time Maldives has secured this award. MMPRC competed in opposition to 28 different outstanding tourism boards together with Unbelievable India, Tourism Australia and Go to England to call just a few.
“This accomplishment is a testomony to the recognition and vibrancy of the Maldives as a vacationer vacation spot. The trade’s achievements all through the previous three years replicate the resilience of the Maldives tourism trade amidst any disaster – and that united, we are able to obtain something,” Maldives Minister of Tourism Dr. Abdulla Mausoom stated, talking on the ceremony.
Talking on the ceremony, MMPRC CEO Thoyyib Mohamed stated, “It’s really an honor to win the distinguished title of World’s Main Vacation spot for the third 12 months in a row. This 12 months is our Golden Jubilee of Tourism within the Maldives, and I could not have requested for a greater achievement to mark 50 years of welcoming guests to our shores.”
Furthermore, Thoyyib additional thanked the Maldives authorities for its continued steerage, and help from trade companions for his or her holistic help.
“That is additionally the primary 12 months that MMPRC, also called Go to Maldives, secured the title of the World’s Main Vacationer Board. It looks like an affirmation of the arduous work of our workforce over these previous few years, pushing by the hardest world crises of current occasions” Thoyyib added additional.
Tourism pioneer, and one of the outstanding figures within the trade Mr. Hussein Afeef commented on the success achieved by Maldives at WTA 2022. He had congratulated all tourism trade stakeholders, organizations and each citizen of the nation for the success. He notably thanked MMPRC for its continued efforts to broaden tourism advertising and marketing efforts of the Maldives internationally.
Earlier, through the WTA Africa and Indian Ocean Gala ceremony held in Nairobi, Kenya, Maldives had gained a number of accolades underneath the Indian Ocean class. The nation gained three awards underneath this class, together with;
– Indian Ocean’s Main Vacation spot Award
– Indian Ocean’s Main Seashore Vacation spot Award
– Indian Ocean’s Main Dive Vacation spot Award
Moreover, a number of Maldivian properties gained varied awards underneath the Indian Ocean classes, which embody;
– Main Resort: Vakkaru Maldives
– Main Luxurious Island Resort: Waldorf Astoria Ithaafushi
– Main New Resort: Jumeirah Maldives Olhahali
– Main Non-public Island Resort: Velaa Non-public Island
– Main Villa Resort: Grand Park Kodhipparu
– Main All-Inclusive Resort: Constance Moofushi
– Main Water Villa Resort: 4 Seasons Kuda Huraa
– Main Boutique Resort: Fushifaru Maldives
– Most Romantic Resort: Baros Maldives
– Main Dive Resort: Constance Moofushi
– Main Household Resort: Kurumba Maldives
– Main Honeymoon Resort: JA Manafaru
– Main Resort: Conrad Maldives Rangali Island
– Main Resort Suite: Vakkaru Over Water Residence, Vakkaru Maldives
– Main Leisure Resort: Anantara Veli
– Main Luxurious Resort Villa: John Jacob Astor Property, St. Regis Vommuli
Maldives first secured the World’s Main Vacation spot title in 2020, amidst one of many worst world pandemic outbreaks in current historical past. With improved tourism actions, and surge in vacationer arrivals, Maldives bagged the title a second time in 2021.
World Journey Awards, considered essentially the most adorned and prestigious of journey and tourism awards globally, was based in 1993.